What does Mountain Memories Do???
Mountain Memories Association was formed 54 years ago for the sole purpose of supporting the health and welfare of the Mountain Communities. Fiesta Days is the main fundraising event Mountain Memories hosts each year. However, with the proceeds, we are able to give back to our Mountain Communities.
Any group or organization in need of funding assistance for a project promoting the health and welfare of the Mountain Communities is welcome to present their cause to the Board at one of our monthly meetings. To contact the board or to get more information about our meetings, you can call (661) 623-2340.
In 2009, Mountain Memories started its Grant program to make it easier for community groups to receive funding for their programs. Since the initial Grant Run, Mountain Memories was able to award over $8,000 to local groups and organizations that are dedicated to improving the health and welfare of our Mountain Communities.
A few ways Mountain Memories have given back in 54 years of community support:
- Subsidized Hall Ambulance service for approximately 10 years at $2500 per month for a total of about $300,000
- Contributed all of the money and labor for the original Frazier Park street signs to be made and installed
- Donated $60,000 towards the purchase of a Snow Cat for our local Search & Rescue
- Donated for the purchase of radio transmitters and radios for local Cuddy Valley Volunteer Fire Dept.
- Purchased original Burn Pack supplies for Hall Ambulance.
- Purchased first mobile phone for Hall Ambulance
- Yearly donations to Meals on Wheels
- Donated to all the local public schools to provide Emergency Preparedness packs
- Give three scholarships per year for local students going on to higher education for a total of over $50,000
- Yearly donations to the local Community Health Faire to pay for mammograms to be provided at no charge to the community
- Donations to the Ski & Snowboard Club
- Contributions to the El Tejon School Swimming Pool
- Donations to Operation Playground
- Donations to the Boys & Girls Club of Frazier Park
- Sponsorship for the Mountain Shakespeare Festival
- Bought a rototiller for the Frazier Mountain High School FFA
- Donations for playground equipment at El Tejon School
- Contributed equipment to Frazier Mountain Community Health Center
- Provided scholarships for students to the Pine Mountain Learning Center
- Helped with purchase of Marimba drum for El Tejon Badger Band
- Provide funding for Home Ignition Conference Mt. Pinos Fire Safe Council
- Provide Ballet Bar for dance classes for the Mountain Shakespeare Festival
- Provided funding for Mountain Institute for Tai Chi and Kung Fu Summer camp
- Provided scholarships for players for the Frazier Mountain Junior Falcons
- Provided funding towards the Boys & Girls Club Teen Summer Program